These Green Monsters really get kids excited!
Its the season of Ghosts, Witches, Fairies, Princesses, Monsters, and little Pumpkins. I saw a picture on the web going around of Green Monsters in cups. But, it was super-processed green (artificially dyed) pudding with crushed Oreos on top. So, instead of completely disregarding that cute little snack of ‘food’ – my brain got to thinking. I immediately thought of guacamole being the same bright color of green and couldn’t wait to make this snack with my classes and family.
What a fun activity to do with kids and all the while it encourages them to eat healthy foods. I have had several students try guacamole for the first time (or the second time) and say they like it after making this in our Kids Kitchen™ classes!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- Small, clear plastic cups
- Black permanent marker
- Scoop avocados out of shell and mash with fork.
- Add a sprinkle of garlic powder, a couple of pinches of salt and pepper
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime for every 2 avocados. (you can use fresh or in a bottle)
- Mix together and do a taste-test.
- Create your Monster Face however you like on the cups, and scoop the guacamole into 3 or 4 cups.
- Top with Blue Corn Tortilla chips, crushed or whole, for crazy Monster Hair!
- Fun to serve at a Halloween Party at home or school, or just a fun dinner addition to taco night!