Whole Grain Popcorn, Nuts, Coconut, and Chocolate? The perfect of mix of healthy and fun for lunchboxes, afterschool snack (keep in the car in a plastic bag!), or to serve at a party.
Are you supposed to bring a treat to school? Make this super fast snack. Re-name it fit the time of the year.
In full disclosure – I had some kids dig directly for the chocolate candies only. The majority ate it all. A couple preferred it without coconut. Be flexible, make it to your family’s liking.
- Nuts like almonds, peanuts, and/or cashews
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Chips or M&M’s
- For every 2 cups of popped popcorn, add ½ cup nuts, ½ cup shredded coconut, and ½ cup chocolate candies or chocolate chips.
- *We used Rainbow Chocolate Candies, naturally food dyed (found in bulk bins at HEB)
- Cook popcorn.
- -We cooked ours on the stove in a big pot with coconut oil. After it was popped, we added a sprinkle of salt
- Add popcorn, nuts, coconut, and chocolate together in a large bowl.
- Take a square piece of scrapbook paper and roll into a cone. Tape the paper into place.
- Fill paper cones with popcorn for a Ghostly Crunch!