Guest Post by: Kensey Goebel, Nutrition and Foods student at the University of Texas Austin
Here’s a healthier version of a cupcake that allows you to enjoy cupcakes in moderation. You can make these yummy treats for school parties, birthday parties or just when you have a craving for something sweet. Its super easy to make and this recipe makes a single serving!! Perfect for when you want to enjoy sweets without being tempted to eat them all. It’s a vegan recipe but can be adapted to meet almost any needs by changing the type of milk or flour.
This single cupcake without frosting has only 110 calories and .5 grams of fat.
- 3 tbsp flour (I used wheat flour)
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp any milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener like honey
- Directions: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the ingredients and pour into a sprayed muffin pan. Cook for 12-15ish minutes. Wait till cake cools and then you top it with your favorite type of icing, decorate it or just eat it plain (its still delicious!)
- This single cupcake without frosting has only 110 calories and .5 grams of fat.