Enjoy the goodness of dark chocolate. This amazing food can provide you with countless health benefits, while leaving a sweet taste in your mouth.
Chocolate is produced from cocoa beans that are crushed and grounded to get cocoa liquor. Then this cocoa liquor is processed further by in mixing sugar and fat and finally you get your favorite chocolate.
The taste of chocolate depends on the proportion of cocoa and other ingredients that are used in its mixture. The three main varieties of chocolate are milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate. Dark chocolate has the highest amount of antioxidants which makes it the most beneficial variety for your health. It is also lower in sugar, fat, and calories.
Savor the flavor of a square (or a drizzle) of dark chocolate with this recipe below!
Chocolate Drizzled Fruit Cups – made by Brianna Smith
Brianna won 3rd place with this recipe one year at a Dessert Competition. My son also took this treat to celebrate his birthday with in the classroom!
Click here to:
Chocolate Drizzled Fruit Cups
Quick and easy fruit dessert that any kid can make!
Write a review
- Dark Chocolate Bar, or Dark or Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Dried Fruit: (optional) Cranberries, Cherries, or Raisins
- Melt chocolate over low-med heat in a sauce pan. (takes less than 5 minutes, so keep an eye on it.)
- Cut up pears and strawberries into small bite size pieces.
- Assemble the variety of fruit into a muffin liner (silicone or paper.)
- Top with dried fruit, coconut, or nuts, etc.
- Drizzle melted chocolate with a fork or spatula tip on top of fruit.
- Store in refrigerator, covered, until time to serve.
- Makes a great sweet treat for a classroom party or as an afterschool snack!
Chefs Club http://kidschefsclub.com/