I bet you have to been to a potluck party where a version of this salad has been served. A broccoli salad.
That version probably had raisins in it (I’d rather leave them out) and bacon (you can add it back in if you want) and the only veggie was broccoli (and onions) AND I can pretty much guarantee that it was covered in mayonnaise (and I’m okay with some versions of mayonnaise.)
This recipe uses Greek Yogurt (you can go organic here), a little vinegar and sugar to coat the veggies. It was nice to incorporate the summer vegetables from my father-in-law’s garden too (zucchini, green bell pepper, and red onion.)
Think you’ll try this at the next potluck you are invited to? Or, at home to compliment a grilled summer meal? We had grilled tuna steaks (which by the way my kids LOVE) the night I made this. Then, the rest of it went to a Father’s Day picnic.
#soy free #gluten free #no refined oils
- 1 large head broccoli, small florets removed
- 1-2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1. Add all chopped vegetables with cheese into large bowl.
- 2. Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3. Add the dressing to the vegetable mixture and mix to cover evenly.
- 4. Store in refrigerator.